Village Hall Update
DECEMBER 1, 2023
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin. As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the November 21, 2023 Board meeting the Board approved the following items:
- The 2024 Budget and 2023 tax levy. A public hearing was held on this item.
- The 2024 Fee Schedule resolution, which has increases to weights and measures licenses, late fees for business licenses, residential recycling fee, event permit fees, parking permit fees, fire inspection fees, certain health department fees and rental fees of the community center pavilion and Gazebo.
- The 2024 Salary Resolution for Village staff.
- An agreement with the State Department of Transportation for a grant for street lighting upgrades. The grant covers 80% of the project costs and the Village will cover 20%. This will include upgraded lighting on Westway, Eastway, Greenway and S. 68th Street, with design and engineering in 2024 and project completion in 2025.
- A temp class B license for the Greendale Lions Club for the Dickens of a Village event.
- Temporary extension of premise permits for Joey Gerard's for the Tree Lighting event.
- Special event applications for the 2024 residential paper shredding events (proposed for May 18th and October 19th) and a Fat Tire Bike Race in the Root River Parkway.
December 5, 2023 Village Board Meeting Preview
The Board will consider approving:
- The purchase of two dump trucks for the Department of Public Works, as included in the 2024 Budget.
- A resolution to amend the stormwater utility rates.
- A resolution to amend the sanitary sewer rates.
- A resolution to appoint the 2024 - 2025 Election Officials.
To view the full agenda and packet (NEW! The full Village Board packet can now be accessed from the Village website): http://greendale.org/government/agendas_and_minutes/board_of_trustees.php#revize_document_center_rz53
Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan Update: On November 28th the Village Board and School Board held an open house and joint meeting to review the draft of the comprehensive outdoor recreation plan. The Village Board will consider adoption of the plan at a future Board meeting. Click here for more information and to view a copy of the draft plan.
Fall Leaf Collection: Fall Leaf collection is still going on, but since the scheduled collection period is over it will no longer be on your recycling collection day, they started in the east side of the Village and are working their way west. DPW is finishing up the western portion of the Village today (Fri. Dec 1st)/Monday and will start a final sweep of the Village next week (starting East to West), weather pending.
Refuse and Recycling Center Winter Hours: The winter Saturday hours begin this weekend, 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM, and go through Saturday March 30th.
Dickens of a Village: Friday December 1st, 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Downtown Greendale - For more information click here.