Village Hall Update
Greendale Village Hall
Greendale, WI 53129
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin.
VILLAGE HALL UPDATE FOR SEPTEMBER 17, 2021
As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the September 7, 2021 Board meeting the Board approved the following items:
- Temporary class B licenses for the Greendale Entertainment Association to serve at Hay Daze and for the Bay View Lions Club to serve at their Pancreatic cancer fundraiser.
- A temporary extension for Explorium Brewpub to serve at the Alley Rats Car Club Car Show.
- The purchase of replacement squad radios as included in the 2021 Budget.
- The purchase of replacement water meters, these would be ordered, but would not be installed until 2022. This would include replacement of water meters in most households.
- Parade permits for the Step Up to Better Health Run/Walk, for hay rides at Hay Daze and for A Walk to Remember.
- Special event permits for a fundraiser for pancreatic cancer by the Bay View Lions Club and a car show at Southridge Mall by the Alley Rats Car Club.
- An agreement for equipment sharing between all Milwaukee County Fire Departments.
- A proclamation for the Greendale Women's Club in recognition of their 65 years of service to the community.
September 21, 2021 Village Board Meeting Preview
The Board will consider approving:
- Special use permit to split 5901-03 Dale Lane into two condominiums.
- Recommended revisions to the fence ordinance. This item will likely be referred to the Plan Commission for review and recommendation.
- A bid for the Police Department Remodeling Project, as included in the 2021 Budget. This project includes painting and flooring updates.
- An ordinance to amend Section 11.09 of the Municipal Code regarding use of the refuse and recycling yard, which would further clarify that use of the yard is for residents that are in the Village's curbside refuse and recycling program.
- The Halloween parade permit (proposed for October 31st at 3:30 pm starting at Jaycee Park) and for trick or treat hours (proposed for October 31st 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm).
- A special event permit for the Fire Department's Open House (proposed for Saturday October 16th from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm).
- A special event permit for Ladies Night Out, a Downtown Greendale shopping event scheduled for Thursday November 11 from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
- A parade permit event for the Turkey Trot run/walk on Saturday November 7th at 9:30 am through the Root River Parkway.
There will also be a Finance Committee meeting held at 6:00 pm to discuss the 2021-2031 Capital Improvement Plan for the Village.
To view the full agenda: http://greendale.org/government/agendas_and_minutes/board_of_trustees.php#revize_document_center_rz53
- Downtown Markets Saturdays, on Broad Street from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Movies in the Park: Saturday September 18th, at Dusk, Gazebo Park, Raya & the Last Dragon
- Kites over Greendale: Saturday September 19th, Community Center Park, from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- Hay Daze/Oktoberfest: Saturday September 25th, Downtown Greendale, 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Step Up to Better Health Run/Walk: Sunday October 17, 10:30 am, 5k run, 2 mile walk, Starts by Greendale High School
Beginning the week of September 13th the pedestrian bridge over Dale Creek (connecting the Downtown area to Daffodil Park) will be replaced. Construction should be completed by early next week.