2022 Community Survey Results
A total of 802 responses were submitted to the Village of Greendale Community Survey administered in August 2022, representing 13.9% of all Village households. The view the full survey results report, click here. Following are highlights from the survey results:
- Of 26 the municipal services that were listed, respondents were most satisfied with Fire/EMS services, Police services, Library services, Curbside garbage and recycling, Elections and voting, Village Hall customer service and Community events.
- Residents were least satisfied with the following municipal services: Tax assessments, Road maintenance, Code enforcement, Building permits, Tree removal and replacement and Village website.
- Low Crime/safety was rated as the most important reason for why residents choose to live in Greendale, closely followed by Quality of neighborhoods.
- In terms of neighborhood conditions, respondents were most satisfied with Parks, paths and greenspaces and were least satisfied with Road conditions.
- Respondents most strongly support activities involving Improvements of parks and public spaces and Infrastructure improvements, while least supportive of New multi-family residential development.
- A majority of respondents were either Somewhat or Very Much satisfied with the current status of safety matters and public safety response times.
- When it comes to the topic of consolidating services with neighboring municipalities to deliver local services, a majority (52.7%) of respondents indicated they were Supportive of consolidating with neighboring municipalities only when services can be substantially enhanced and to realize cost saving.
- A majority (56.1%) of respondents indicated support for adding, expanding, or improving Restrooms at Village parks. Between 25.0% and 50.0% of respondents indicated support for Lighting/Security, Pavilions (with restrooms), Dog Park and Pickle Ball Courts being added, expanded, or improved at Village parks.
- 74% of respondents were either Somewhat supportive or Very supportive of Mixed-use development (combination of residential and commercial uses within the same development) in the Southridge Mall area. Respondents were Most supportive of Restaurant offerings in the Southridge Mall area.
- Respondents were most supportive of Restaurant offerings in the Historic Downtown area, and were least supportive of Multi-family (apartment) residential development
- Respondents most rely on Village Views newsletter to learn about Village of Greendale information, while Spectrum Cable Channel 25 was least relied upon of all the options.
At the regular meeting on June 6, 2022, the Village Board discussed and approved questions to include in a Community Survey. The purpose of the survey was to gain input from residents on a variety of topics relating to quality of life and Village services. The survey results will serve as a guide to the Village Board in future decision processes. The survey was promoted via the Village Views newsletter, Village website, Village Facebook pages, Village Hall Update e-mail newsletter and Village staff members. The Village administered the survey from August 1 to August 15, 2022. The survey was available online and hard copies of the survey were distributed to every household in the Village Views newsletter. Residents were asked to limit responses to one per household.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2022 Community Survey, and to all the staff members who assisted in administering and promoting the survey!