Reporting of Retail Thefts
Before reporting a Retail Theft, please follow proper reporting procedures:
Contact the Greendale Police Department immediately if:
- Retail Theft is occurring right now or has just occurred, or
- The suspect is in custody, or
- The suspect physically resisted or was armed with a weapon, or
- Any employee or bystander was injured, or
- Retail theft is discovered at a later date (video review) AND the amount is over $1,000
- The suspect is NOT in custody, or
- If there is any reporting delay as a result of store policy or procedures, or
- Retail Theft is discovered at a later date (video review) AND the amount is under $1,000
- Full and complete report (on your form or ours) with a full description of the incident, signed by the reporting person.
- Name, date of birth, address, phone number and position of the reporting person.
- List of all witnesses.
- Full list of property stolen or damaged
- Complete description of the suspect(s) and vehicle(s).
- Copies of any relevant surveillance video.
When reports are complete, please deliver the entire packet to the Greendale Police Department, 5911 West Grange Avenue. An officer will review the report with you and determine the appropriate investigative strategy.
Quick Reference sheet