Milwaukee Area Investigative Team (MAIT)
Officer Involved Critical Incidents
Wisconsin State Statute §175.47 requires that in the event of the death of an individual as the result of an action or inaction by a law enforcement officer, the ensuing investigation must be conducted by an investigative team from an independent agency.
When the Milwaukee Area Investigative Team (MAIT) is called, one of the following agencies will serve as the independent lead agency:
- Milwaukee Police Department
- Greenfield Police Department
- Oak Creek Police Department
- Wauwatosa Police Department
- Waukesha Police Department
- West Allis Police Department
The related investigative file and associated evidence will be made available to the public by the lead agency, in a redacted format, under the Wisconsin Public Records Law, Wis. Stat. § 19.31 - 19.39.