The Greendale Police Department is proud to announce that it will be holding its THIRD annual Citizen Police Academy!
This class will begin on September 18 and conclude on November 6, 2023, consisting of eight sessions, meeting on MONDAY evenings from 6:00 to 9:00 pm.
The Greendale Police Department is committed to partnering with the community to achieve its mission of preserving peace, reducing fear, and making Greendale a safe place to live, work, shop, and play. The goals of the Citizen Police Academy are to give the public a closer view of how the department operates, to enhance the relationship between the department and the community it serves, and to provide the public with a greater understanding of the profession of law enforcement.
The Greendale Citizen Police Academy will cover the following topics:
- Department overview and station tour
- Use of Force
- Defense and Arrest Tactics
- Traffic Enforcement and Emergency Vehicle Operation
- Specialty Units (K-9, SWAT, Negotiator Team)
- Detective Bureau and Crime Scene Processing
- OWI and Drug Enforcement
Participants will also have the opportunity to complete a ride-along with an Officer while attending the academy.
The Citizen Police Academy is offered at no cost. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Live or work in Greendale (preference is given to Greendale residents)
- Submit a written application
- No felony convictions (a background check will be conducted)
- Be 18 years of age (16 and 17-year-olds may attend with a parent or guardian)
Participants will receive an academy shirt as well as other training-related materials. Class sizes are limited.
If you are interested in attending the Greendale Police Citizen Police Academy, please fill out the online application here.
If you have any questions, please contact Lieutenant Daniel Noster at (414) 423-2121.Application Link