Greendale Court Procedures

Court Procedures

***Please note it is mandatory to wear a face mask when attending Court***
You are required to attend court if your citation states, "MUST APPEAR,” unless a Not Guilty plea has been entered in writing prior to your court date.

You are required to appear in person, on the Court date indicated, to enter your plea.   If your citation does not indicate, "Must Appear," you have the following options:  
1.  If you do not wish to contest the matter, you may pay your forfeiture. You may pay in person at the Greendale Safety Center (5911 West. Grange Ave., Greendale, WI 53129) or mail in your payment with an enclosed copy of your citation. The Court will enter a plea of no contest with a finding of guilty - no appearance is necessary.   You may also pay on line at

2.  If you do wish to contest the matter, you may enter your plea in Court on the date indicated on the citation.  OR  You may enter a not guilty plea in writing prior to your Court date. Further information on how to do this can be found on the bottom of your citation. If a Not Guilty plea is entered, the matter will be scheduled for a pretrial conference with the Village Attorney.

If you wish to discuss your case with the Village Attorney, you may do so on your scheduled court night.  Cases are handled on a "first-come, first-serve" basis.  The Village Attorney is generally available beginning at 4:00 p.m.