Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection(RSV) is a common respiratory virus that causes mild, cold-like symptoms. Some individuals may be at higher risk for complications or longer recovery, such as infants, young children, individuals with certain conditions and older adults (CDC, 10/2022).
The flu is an illness caused by the influenza viruses. Flu gets passed around every year, with some years being worse than others. While people may think about flu in the colder months, it can also spread in the summer. Visit Wisconsin Department of Health Services' Influenza Landing Page for more information.
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) renewed the COVID-19 public health emergency declaration for another 90 days (to April 2023). The American Hospital Association (AHA) urged HHS to renew the public health emergency to continue critical flexibilities hospitals depend on to deliver needed care, and minimize additional disruptions to an "increasingly fragile" health care delivery system (AHA, 2023).As COVID-19 continues to circulate in our community, we encourage you to discuss health concerns with your primary care doctor or healthcare provider. If you need help getting connected with a provider- call 2-1-1.
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a communicable, respiratory disease that can cause severe illness in some people. COVID-19 can spread easily from person to person through respiratory droplets and aerosol particles while talking, sneezing, singing, coughing, eating.
SAY YES! COVID TEST: Free at-home tests sent straight to your mailbox.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND CONSIDERATIONS
As a local health department of the State of Wisconsin, we encourage you to refer to WI DHS's COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease) web resources. Information that may be available includes;
- Information on COVID-19 state data and testing sites
- Information on COVID-19 immunity
- Access to and information about COVID-19 vaccines
- Access to free COVID-19 Telehealth Treatment
- Resources in several different languages spoken in WI
- Helpful resources to find help with housing, income, food, healthcare, mental health concerns, safety at home and more.
- Call 211 or 877-947-2211 to get referrals for thousands of services across Wisconsin. For COVID-19 questions, text COVID to 211-211. Language assistance is available.
Milwaukee County COVID-19 Data Dashboard: The county's goal is to have an informed public taking proactive measures to keep themselves and their community safe and healthy. Data dashboard includes information on;
- Case rates, deaths, hospital bed use
- Municipality trends (by zip code)
- COVID-19 Wastewater Surveillance
Healthy MKE is also a great resource for trending topics and concerns such as COVID-19 and influenza. They provide access to information, tools, data, healthcare coverage assistance and more.