Village Hall Update
Greendale Village Hall
Greendale, WI 53129
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin.
VILLAGE HALL UPDATE FOR JUNE 14, 2019
As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the June 4th Board meeting the Board approved the following items:
- An ordinance amending the number of Board of Health members from 7 to 9 members.
- An ordinance to allow parking on Northway in front of St Luke’s Lutheran Church.
- A special event application for the Public Celebrations Committee to have beverage sales at Downtown Markets, including beer, malt beverages, soda and water.
- A parade permit request for Ethan’s Run Against Addiction (mostly taking place in the City of Greenfield).
- Directed staff to draft changes to the Tourist Home Establishment ordinance to be reviewed at a future Board meeting.
June 18th Village Board Meeting Preview
The Board will consider approving:
- A special use/building permit application for a detached garage at 5596 Apricot Court, a public hearing will be held on this item at the meeting.
- A special use/building permit application for an attached garage at 5584 Arrowwood Street, a public hearing will be held on this item at the meeting.
- A change to how the public fire protection charge is paid to move it from an expense in the general fund to the water bills.
- A resolution for the Village’s 2018 Sanitary Sewer Compliance Maintenance Report to the Wisconsin DNR.
- A new Personnel Manual for Village employees.
- An intergovernmental agreement with the School District for Information Technology Services.
- The rental of golf carts for the 4th of July parade for use by the Village Board.
- A special event application for campouts at Whitnall Park for 4 dates in 2019.
- A parade permit application for the 2019 Greendale Garden Gazers Walk (July 13, 2019). https://gggazing.wordpress.com/
- A proclamation for Al Behling in appreciation of his dedicated military service. Mr. Behling is serving as the 2019 Parade Marshal for the 4th of July parade.
Movie Night at Gazebo Park: Saturday June 15th, Dusk – Ralph Breaks the Internet
Food Truck Frenzy: Wednesday June 19, 4-8pm, Community Center Park https://www.facebook.com/events/greendale-community-center-park/2nd-annual-food-truck-frenzy/647592302356838/
Downtown Markets begin Saturday June 22, 8am to noon, Broad Street