Village Hall Update
Greendale Village Hall
Greendale, WI 53129
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin.
VILLAGE HALL UPDATE FOR OCTOBER 16, 2020
As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the October 6, 2020 Board meeting the Board approved the following items:
- The Class B liquor license for the new restaurant at 6601 Northway.
- A resolution to direct staff to change the color of the Village's fire hydrants from green to red to increase visibility of the hydrants. This will be done over a period of time as repainting becomes necessary.
- A parade permit request from a resident for a Back the Badge event on October 10th at 10:00 am starting in front of Village Hall.
- A mutual assistance agreement for the Milwaukee County Fire Departments.
- An amended intergovernment agreement with Milwaukee County Emergency Medical Services.
October 20, 2020 Village Board Meeting Preview
The Board will consider approving:
- An amendment to the agreement approved by the Board on October 6th regarding Mutual Assistance between the Milwaukee County Fire Departments.
- The modification or cancellation of Halloween and trick or treat events.
- A special event permit request from the Public Celebrations Committee for the Annual Tree Lighting ceremony (Friday November 27th from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm)
- A special event permit request from the Public Celebrations Committee for the Dickens of a Village event (Friday December 4th from 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm).
- The health, dental and vision benefit plans for the Village employees for 2021.
The Fall leaf pickup will begin the week of October 12th and run through November 6th. Please click here for the schedule and additional information!
Halloween Trick or Treat
*** The Board is considering at the October 20th meeting whether to make any changes to Halloween/Trick or Treat events. The website will be updated on October 21st if any changes are made. *** The Village Board set the date for the 2020 Trick or Treating at the end of 2019 so that it could be added to the Village event calendar magnet. Trick or Treating is scheduled for Saturday October 31st from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm. It is up to each individual whether they wish to participate.
If you wish to vote by absentee ballot you may request a ballot be mailed to you here: https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/ In-person absentee voting begins Tuesday October 20th at Village Hall. You may vote in person Monday- Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm until October 30th. Any other questions please visit the Elections page on the website or contact Village Hall 423-2100.