Village Hall Update
Greendale Village Hall
Greendale, WI 53129
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin.
VILLAGE HALL UPDATE FOR NOVEMBER 30, 2018
As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the November 20th Board meeting the Board approved the following items:
- Resolution approving the 2019 Budget and setting the 2018 tax levy.
- A special use permit for the permanent porta-john and weather shelter at Jaycee Park at 6011 Broad Street.
- An ordinance concerning the regulation of tourist home establishments in the Village of Greendale.
- A special use permit to demolish and rebuild a garage and sunroom at 5708 Carnation Court.
- A special use/building permit to include exterior and interior renovations to the home at 5597 Apple Court to bring it back to its original condition in order to be used by the Historical Society as a Museum.
- A memorandum of understanding for the School Resource Officer between the Village and Greendale School District to define the responsibilities of the School Resource Officer.
- A special event permit for Dickens of a Village for Friday November 30th. http://www.greendale.org/our_community/public_celebrations/dickens.php
- A resolution approving the Suburban Mutual Assistance Response Teams Agreement.
- A one year agreement with the City of West Allis for environmental public health services for the Village of Greendale.
December 4th Village Board Meeting Preview
The Board will consider approving:
- An increase in fees for the Fire Department basic life support and advanced life support services.
- An ordinance pertaining to the regulation of the application and sale of coal tar sealant products in the Village of Greendale
- Proclamations for the Spirit of Greendale 2018 award winners (Terry Patzke and Sheryl Meyer-Patzke).
The Board will review draft ordinances concerning obstructions and encroachments in the Village rights-of-way and concerning wireless communication facilities.
Tax Bills: The 2018 tax bills will be mailed out next week and you should receive them by the end of the week. You can also look up your tax bill online now: http://village.greendale.org/search.aspx
TONIGHT! Dickens of a Village: Friday November 30th, 4:00 – 9:00 pm http://www.greendale.org/our_community/public_celebrations/dickens.php