Village Hall Update
Greendale Village Hall
Greendale, WI 53129
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin.
VILLAGE HALL UPDATE FOR JULY 31, 2020
As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the July 21st Board meeting the Board approved the following items:
- An amendment to the 2020 Budget to reduce expenditures in order to stay in line with the State's expenditure restraint program.
- An amended special event permit for Village Days to change it to a 1 day event and moving the Rummage on the Green to Daffodil Park. https://greendalelions.org/greendale-birthday/
- The cancellation of the Village Days fireworks show based on the change to the Village Days event this year.
- An ordinance to change the number of members on the Greendale Historical Commission.
August 4th Village Board Meeting Preview
The Board will consider approving:
- Whether to permit non-residents that own 1-4 unit rental properties in Greendale to be able to use the Village's Refuse and Recycling Center.
- The addition of a Senior Accountant position in the Treasurer's office.
- The application for the 2021 for the Community Development Block Grant funds for the Senior program and replacement of handicapped accessible curb ramps.
Saturday 8:00 am - noon, Broad Street
COVID-19 testing is available for anyone ages 5 and up Friday July 31st until 5:00 pm and Saturday August 1st from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at the Greendale High School. Please click here for more information.
August 11th Election
- Absentee Voting: You may request an absentee ballot be mailed to you by applying here: https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/VoteAbsentee . In-person absentee voting is available until Friday August 7th at Village Hall from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Please note due to the Governor's order face masks will be required to enter the building beginning on Monday August 3rd.
- For information regarding finding your polling location, registering to vote, etc. please click here.
- College Park Voters: For residents who plan to vote on election day and have College Park as your polling place please see the below map for changes to where voting will take place at that facility: