Village Hall Update
Greendale Village Hall
Greendale, WI 53129
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin.
VILLAGE HALL UPDATE FOR OCTOBER 13 2017
As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the October 3rd Village Board meeting the Board approved:
- The purchase of 12 portable radios for the Fire Department to replace radios that are reaching the end of their service life.
- A temporary class B license for the Greendale Historical Society Taste of Greendale event on October 14th. http://www.greendalehistoricalsociety.org/
- A special community event permit for the American Legion’s Veterans Day Parade scheduled for Saturday November 11th beginning at 9:00 am. The parade will begin at the Municipal Parking lot and end at the future Veteran’s Memorial site (Broad Street/Schoolway).
- The Board went into closed session regarding the litigation for the special use permit to construct a wireless tower facility at 6101 S 51st Street. The Board returned to open session to direct the Village Attorney to write a letter to the presiding judge in the Milwaukee County circuit court case that the Village of Greendale has no objection to the Association’s participation in the court case.
October 17th Village Board Meeting Preview
The Board will consider approving:
- An amendment to the Zoning Code to allow temporary outdoor retail displays and sales. The intent of this ordinance change is to allow business owners to display merchandise and engage in sales outside of their buildings in the B-1, B-2, B-3 and B-4 Business Districts. A public hearing will be held on this ordinance at the beginning of this meeting.
- The Village Manager will present the 2018 Recommended Village Budget. The Board will hold Budget Work Sessions on October 23rd and October 25th at 6pm at Village Hall to review the budget.
- The Board will award two proclamations in recognition of Russell and Raymond Arndorfer achieving the rank of Eagle Scout.
- The Board will go into closed session to discuss strategy relevant to the possible sales of the former police station at 6600 Schoolway and development in the Southridge Mall area. The Board will not return to open session to act on these matters.
The Greendale Historical Society’s Taste of Greendale event from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM in and around the Hose Tower on October 14th. http://www.greendalehistoricalsociety.org/
Successful Aging for Everyone: October 21st from 10:00 am to 11:30am at the Safety Center http://greendale.org/departments/health_department/index.php
Flu Clinic: Tuesday October 24, 3:30 pm to 7:00 pm at the Greendale High School multipurpose room http://greendale.org/departments/health_department/index.php
Halloween Trick or Treat: Sunday October 29th from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm, Halloween parade will begin at 3pm (lineup at 2:30 at Brinkman Field)