Village Hall Update
Greendale Village Hall
Greendale, WI 53129
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin.
VILLAGE HALL UPDATE FOR AUGUST 16, 2019
As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the August 6th Board meeting the Board approved the following items:
- A temporary extension of premise for Ricardos to serve alcohol at Village Days.
- The bid for the Public Works Building roof replacement. The work will begin in mid-September.
- A special event permit for Cirque Italia for a Paranormal Cirque (Southridge Parking lot).
- A resolution authorizing staff to apply for community development block grant funds for the Park & Recreation Senior program and replacement of handicapped accessible curb ramps.
- A resolution approving the Comprehensive plan update public participation plan. Village Planners were in attendance at Village Days collecting public input and will be at the Downtown Market on September 7th.
The Board took no action, but will be bringing back to future meetings for discussion/action, the following items: the Village’s noise ordinance, Village’s animal control ordinance and the Grange Avenue bioswales
August 20th Village Board Meeting Preview
The Board will consider approving:
- A special use/building permit application for an addition to College Park Elementary School. A public hearing will be held on this item.
- A change to the Tourist Home Establishment ordinance (proposing to remove the 180 day max rental period in a year). A public hearing will be held on this item.
- Amendments to the Wireless Communication Facilities ordinance. A public hearing will be held on this item.
- A request to amend the rentable hours at the Hose Tower for an event by the Historical Society on December 31st.
- A special community event permit for Hay Days/Oktoberfest/Gallery Night on September 20th and 21st. http://www.greendale.org/our_community/public_celebrations/oktoberfest.php
The Board will also discuss, but take no action on discussing the 2020 Budget Calendar and the Village’s sign ordinance.
Library Strategic Plan: The Library is seeking community feedback for their 2019-22 Strategic plan. This document helps set direction for the near future of the Library by providing a roadmap to follow for the next 3 years as we work to achieve our shared vision – an inspired and connected community of lifelong learners. You may find a copy of the plan here: http://www.greendale.org/departments/community_learning_center/greendale_public_library/aboutus.php
Original GTO Car Show: The 1st time in Greendale! Saturday August 17th 8:00 am to 3:00 pm https://wisconsinhotrodradio.com/event/38th-annual-all-pontiac-show-2019/
Harvest of Arts and Crafts: September 7th and 8th, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, Trimborn Farmshttps://milwaukeehistory.net/harvest/
Save the Date! Oktoberfest: September 20th and 21st – Oktoberfest Biergarten with Gallery Night on Friday and Hay Days activities on Saturday! Downtown Greendale