Village Hall Update
Greendale Village Hall
Greendale, WI 53129
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin.
VILLAGE HALL UPDATE FOR MAY 18, 2020
As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the May 7th Board meeting the Board approved the following items:
- The purchase of a new phone system for the Police Department, as was included in the 2020 Budget.
- An intergovernmental agreement for procuring personal protective equipment and other necessary medical supplies.
- An amended law enforcement services agreement for the Democratic National Convention (date change).
- A contract for the 2020 4th of July fireworks.
May 19th Village Board Meeting Preview
The Board will consider approving:
- The closure of Broad Street for Downtown Greendale restaurants.
- Backpay for Fire Captains regarding a change to minimum hours for callbacks.
- A reduction in fees for Class B liquor licenses due to the closure of their facilities during the Safer at Home order.
- An amendment to the agreement with John's Disposal for processing of recyclables.
- An amendment to the essential government functions to determine the timeline of opening Village Hall, the Welcome Center, Hose Tower rentals, etc.
- A special event permit for J&J Contractors Grand Opening Party (Saturday August 29th).
- A proclamation for the Greendale Election Inspectors to thank them for their service at the April 7th Election.
To view the full agenda: http://greendale.org/government/agendas_and_minutes/board_of_trustees.php#revize_document_center_rz53
The Greendale Health Officer issued Order #1 that is in effect until May 21st at 11:59 p.m., click here for the details. To keep up to date with information on this pandemic and it's impact on Village services and facilities please click here.
The Library is continuing curbside pickup of materials. Click here for additional information.
The Police Department will begin enforcing night parking restrictions on June 1st. Please contact the Police Department if you need to purchase a parking permit.