Village Hall Update
Greendale Village Hall
Greendale, WI 53129
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin.
VILLAGE HALL UPDATE FOR DECEMBER 13, 2019
As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the December 3rd Board meeting the Board approved the following items:
- An amended special event application from the Greendale Lions for Village Days to request the closure of Broad Street during the event and have the stage for bands on Broad Street.
- An amended special event application from the Greendale Lions for the 4th of July Festivities to move it back to Gazebo park from the Municipal Parking lot.
- A parade permit for the 4th of July parade and to move the start time to 9:30 am (from 10:00 am) in order to be able to secure more popular acts that also participate in other neighboring parades.
- Proclamation naming December 14, 2019 as Aleks Skibicki Day in the Village of Greendale for being named the 2019 Spirit of Greendale award winner.
December 17th Village Board Meeting Preview
The Board will consider approving:
- An amended special use permit for 6601 Northway (corner of Northway/Parking Street) for the addition of a drive-thru window for the proposed restaurant. A public hearing will be held on this item.
- The 2020 trick or treat date/time and Halloween parade. The Public Celebrations Committee has recommended to the Board that trick or treat be held on Halloween, Saturday October 31 from 4-6pm, with the parade at 3:00 pm. This item was tabled from the December 3rd meeting.
- An increase in fees fo advanced and basic life support services from the Fire Department.
- An agreement with the City of West Allis to provide Environmental Public Health Services for West Allis to continue providing this service in 2020 (licensing and inspections of restaurants, public pools, and inspection/education/consultation in the areas of lead poisoning, pest control, human health hazards, etc.)
- An ordinance amending Chapter 16 - the Electrical Code.
- An ordinance amending various sections of the ordinance that reference Clerk-Treasurer due to the recent approval by the Board of splitting the Clerk-Treasurer position into a Clerk and a Treasurer/Finance Director.
- A proclamation honoring Ryan Unruh for achieving the rank of Eagle Scout.
- Terms of employment for the new Fire Chief.
- December 24th: Village Hall and Library closed, Health Department 8:00 am to noon and Public Works Recycling Center 7:00 am to 11:00 am (Garbage and Recycling will be picked up this day)
- December 25th: All public facilities closed
- December 31st: Library Closed, Health Department 8:00 am to noon, Recycling Center 7:00 am to 11:00 am, Village Hall is open normal business hours 7:30 am to 4:30 pm (Garbage and Recycling will be picked up this day)
- January 1st: All public facilities closed.
Holiday Market and Pancake Breakfast benefiting the GHS Band trip to the 2020 Rose Bowl Parade - December 14th