Village Hall Update
Greendale Village Hall
Greendale, WI 53129
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin.
VILLAGE HALL UPDATE FOR JANUARY 15, 2020
As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the December 1, 2020 Board meeting the Board approved the following items:
- Appointing Rich Busalacchi and Tony Novinska to the Public Celebrations Committee.
- Approve a special event permit for a Residential Paper Shredding event in the Municipal Parking lot on May 22nd.
January 19, 2021 Village Board Meeting Preview
The Board will consider approving:
- The purchase of police vehicles, as included in the 2021 Budget.
- To amend the Code of Ordinances to eliminate the Building Board and update the Building Code to reflect changes made to State of Wisconsin Code language.
- To review costs and consider improvements to pedestrian crossings within the Village.
- To consider a special event permit request for the 2021 Tour of America's Dairyland Bike Race to take place in Greendale on June 23rd in Downtown Greendale.
- To consider hiring an Economic Development consultant.
- To consider a water main replacement project.
- To consider making a right turn only lane on Grange Avenue and 60th.
- To review and discuss street parking on Eastway near the Eastway Apartments.
Primary Election - February 16th
There will be a primary held on Tuesday February 16th for State School Superintendent, School Board and Village Board. In person absentee voting will begin on February 2nd and continue through February 12th Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm at Village Hall. If you would like to request an absentee ballot be mailed to you you may do so at myvote.wi.gov. There you can also register to vote, find your polling place and view a sample ballot.
Reminder! Disposal of Televisions
Starting on January 1, 2021 there is a now a $25 fee to dispose of a television at the Refuse and Recycling Yard. You must pay the fee prior to visiting the Yard. You may fill out the form by clicking here and then follow the link to online payments, or you may pay at Village Hall prior to visiting the Yard.