Village Hall Update
Greendale Village Hall
Greendale, WI 53129
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin.
VILLAGE HALL UPDATE FOR APRIL 13, 2018
As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the April 3rd Board meeting the Board approved Walmart’s extension of premise for their alcohol beverage license, which allows them to sell alcohol as part of their online grocery pickup. The purchasers will need to provide identification when picking up the alcohol at Walmart.
The Board approved the Tax Incremental District No. 5 project plan and boundaries, which includes the former Sears store at Southridge Mall, along with a redevelopment agreement with the owners of the former Sears.
The Board approved the Village employee’s annual salary and benefit resolution.
April 17th Village Board Meeting Preview
The Board will consider approving:
- An extension of the Memorandum of Understanding between the Village and the Veteran’s Committee to allow them extra time for fundraising activities.
- A public hearing will be held regarding a condo conversion at 5609-5611 Azalea Court. This item was reviewed and recommended for approval by the Plan Commission on April 11th.
- A reserve Class B license for Vintage 38 (5648 Broad Street), which would allow them to sell liquor along with beer and wine.
- The purchase of new police vehicles, as included in the 2018 Budget.
- The awarding of bids for the 2018 Capital Improvement program including water main distribution and street rehabilitation for multiple streets in Greendale.
- Special event permits for: Pet Palooza (May 12th), Spring Gallery Night (May 11th), Root River Hike or Bike (April 28th) and Food Truck Frenzy (June 13th)
- An ordinance and resolution regarding Food Establishments and Public Swimming Pools. In 2017 the Village began contracting with the City of West Allis for environmental public health services including inspections of food establishments and public swimming pools.
The Board will go into closed session to review the Court decision for the litigation over the construction of a wireless tower facility at 6101 S. 51st Street (St. Stephen the Martyr Lutheran Church). The Board may reconvene into open session to take action on this item.
Sharps Disposal: The Greendale Health Department is now collecting sharps (needles, syringes and lancets) for Greendale residents. For more information click here: http://www.greendale.org/departments/health_department/health_department_services/sharps_and_safe_medication_disposal.php
GEA Children’s Resale – April 28 and April 29th, Greendale High School http://greendaleentertainment.com/childrens-resale/