Village Hall Update
Greendale Village Hall
Greendale, WI 53129
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin.
VILLAGE HALL UPDATE FOR OCTOBER 11, 2019
As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the October 1st Board meeting the Board approved the following items:
- For the Department of Public Works to come up with a plan for the bioswales on Grange Avenue and bring back to the Board for approval.
- A 5 year Capital Improvement plan for the Village's roadways. The 2020 plan includes the following streets: Bentwood Lane (Briarclift Ct. to Northway), Bentwood Ln (Southern Loop), Doyle Street, Eastway SE Quadrant, Frances Ct and Freeland Ct.
- A special event permit for the Circus Water Show at Southride Mall (October 31st - November 3rd).
- A resolution to approve the use of funding from MMSD's Green Solutions project to plant approximately 80 storm water trees in Village owned right of ways and/or on Village owned parcels.
- A change to parking restrictions on Enfield Avenue and Euston Street limiting parking to one side of the street during school drop off and pick up. Signage will be placed in these areas.
October 15th Village Board Meeting Preview
The Board will consider approving:
- A special use application to build a new detached garage at 5900 Currant Lane. A public hearing will be held on this item.
- A one year service agreement for the Village's insurance broker.
- Special event permits for the following events: Turkey Trot Run, the 2020 Greendale Lions Family 4th Fest, 2020 Village Days, the Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony and Dickens of a Village.
The Village Manager will also present his 2020 Recommended Budget. Budget hearings will be held on October 23, October 28 and October 30 (if necessary) at 6:00 pm at Village Hall.
To view the full agenda: http://greendale.org/government/agendas_and_minutes/board_of_trustees.php#revize_document_center_rz53
Leaf Pickup will begin next week and run through November 8th. If leaves are still falling after November 8th the Public Works Department will continue to pickup until they are done or we get our first snowfall. View the schedule on the front page of the website, www.greendale.org.
Greendale Welcomes Diversity Event: Working with partners from around the community and the country, the Greendale Coalition on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion has been busy defining our Village’s priorities for equity since the community event in May. The mission of this organization is to create a more welcoming, kind and inclusive community in Greendale. The group will report on its work at Greendale Welcomes Diversity, a two-part event, on Friday, October 18, 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., and Monday, October 21, 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Multipurpose Room (MPR) at Greendale High School. Both nights begin with a light supper at 5:00 p.m. The program will start at 5:30 p.m. To get the most out of this work, participants are asked to commit to both evenings, if possible.
Together we will:
- Review the work to date
- Seek additional input
- Finalize an action plan
- Review the finished plan
Join us as we promote this work and implement the plan in Greendale. To help us plan for meal service during the events, please follow this link and respond by October 8. Child care will be available for children 3 or older who are potty trained.
Health Department Flu Clinic: Tuesday October 22 from 3:30 pm to 7:00 pm, Greendale High School, Flu shots are FREE for children under 19, $30.00 for adults
Trick or Treating: Sunday October 27th from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm, Halloween parade begins at 3:00 pm at Jaycee Park (line up at 2:30 pm)