Village Hall Update
Greendale Village Hall
Greendale, WI 53129
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin.
VILLAGE HALL UPDATE FOR APRIL 5, 2020
As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the March 31st Board meeting the Board approved the following items:
- A resolution ratifying the emergency proclamation issued by the Village President.
- The bid for the Grange Avenue bioswale project, which is funded through grant funds from MMSD.
- An employee policy in response to the Federal Governments Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
- The essential services to be provided by the Village during this emergency proclamation.
April 8 Village Board Meeting Preview
The Village Board meeting normally held on the first Tuesday of the month was moved to Wednesday due to the April 7th election. The Board will be meeting virtually via Zoom meetings, information on how to view the meeting is available on the agenda (link below).
The Board will consider approving items that were originally on the March 17th meeting that was cancelled, including:
- The bids for the 2020 street rehabilitation program.
- .An ordinance regarding the number of committee members on the Children's Garden Committee.
- Special event permits for the Memorial Day parade and Feast on the Blacktop Festival.
To view the full agenda: http://greendale.org/government/agendas_and_minutes/board_of_trustees.php#revize_document_center_rz53
To keep up to date with information on this pandemic and it's impact on Village services and facilities please click here.
April 7th Election
Due to a shortage of poll workers the polling locations for the April 7th have been consolidate from 5 to 3. Those who normally vote at College Park (wards 5 and 6) will vote at Highland View. Those who normally vote at the High School (wards 1 and 2) will vote at the Safety Center. The other wards will vote in the same polling place. The absentee ballots will be processed at the Hose Tower (typically done at Village Hall), in order to provide additional space for the pollworkers to practice social distancing. If you have questions about your polling place visit myvote.wi.gov or call 414-423-2100.
Yard Waste Curbside Pickup
Due to the temporary closure of the yard the Village will be doing a curbside yard waste pickup. Click here for additional information.