Refuse and Recycling Information
2020 RECYCLING PICKUP SCHEDULE AND MAP
Please remember to place your household waste and recyclables at the curb by 7 a.m. on your collection day. Refuse and recycling routes do not operate per appointed times and can perform collection at any point in the day. For more information on special pick-ups of yard waste and furniture/appliances please click here.
* MMSD offers Household Hazardous Waste Collection sites: https://www.mmsd.com/what-you-can-do/home-haz-mat-collection
CURBSIDE RECYCLING PROGRAM
The Village of Greendale uses 95 or 65 gallon recycling carts. Recycling is picked up on the same day as your garbage on alternating weeks. Please see recycling schedule above.
CURBSIDE GARBAGE COLLECTION
Residents have the choice of purchasing a 95 or 65 gallon rolling cart from the Village or to use their own container. If you choose to use your own, then the following guidelines apply:
- No container shall have a capacity of no less than 20 gallons, but no more than 32 gallons.
- No single container may weigh more than 50 pounds.
To purchase a Village garbage cart you may either stop at the Village Hall from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday, fill out the form below and pay online, or mail in the attached form with your payment. You may also use the form to purchase an additional recycling cart. Please make sure to indicate if you are purchasing a garbage or recycling cart. The carts have an attached lid and wheels making it easier to bring garbage to the curb. The 95 gallon cart is $52.80 ($50, plus $2.80 sales tax) and the 65 gallon cart is $47.52 ($45 cart, plus $2.52 sales tax). Carts will be delivered by the Department of Public Works. The carts will be delivered once a week on Fridays, except in cases of holidays or inclement weather.
65 Gallon: Height with lid 40.58", Width 26.70", Depth 28.11"
95 Gallon: Height with lid 45.13", Width 28.50", Depth 33.73"
Contact the Village Hall with any additional questions 423-2100.
The Recycling Center is open year-round (except for major Holidays) Monday through Friday 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. From April through November the Recycling Center is open Saturdays from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. From December through March the Recycling Center is open Saturdays from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. A valid Wisconsin driver's license will be required to establish proof of Greendale residency.
- Friday April 10: 7 am to 11 am (re-open Saturday April 11th 8 am to 4 pm)
- Monday May 25: Closed
- Friday July 3 and Saturday July 4: Closed
- Monday September 7: Closed
- Thursday November 26: Closed (re-open Friday November 27)
- Thursday December 24: 7 am to 11 am
- Friday December 25: Closed
- Thursday December 31: 7 am to 11 am
- Friday January 1, 2021: Closed